Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Flowers of the wayside

In my rambles I’ve seen so many lovely flowers in bloom. Some I’m sure are bluebells, others garlic, others invasive! All together they are so beautiful. 



Nettle tea anyone? There are hedges of the stuff. Normally I’m not particularly sensitive but I got a couple barbs even through my pants on one of my junts.

The hedgerows are so iconic of this part of the world. What you can’t hear in this blog are the birds who are wildly twittering away in each bush. 


Or the male pheasant who scare me to death when he exploded out from under my feet from a hedge beside the path. Or the wee little tiny English Robin you may just be able to make out in the centre of this photo below. 

And finally, there are a few roses in bloom on a very picturesque little stone house just around the corner from the pub I’m staying at. Bucolic anyone? 



No comments:

Post a Comment