Monday, May 9, 2022

Bath Skyline Trail

I decided that i’d really like to do a good long walk on my first day in bath. I selected the skyline trail because of the views that it has over the city, and the lake around 10 km, and the fact that it would go over some likely familiar ground for me.

I walked to the beginning of the trail from the centre of bath where I’m staying. That walk took me up Bathwick Hill. While I can’t remember exactly, it does feel like the same hell that I had my first paper route on here in. bath. 


Overall, the trail is quite well marked thankfully. I quickly ran down the battery on my phone taking the occasional glimpse at the mapping apps. 


There were lots of these cute kissing gates were you squeeze into the corner to move the gate.


And it’s a national trust trail overlooking a UNESCO world heritage site so I shouldn’t be surprised that there’s lots of signage. The trail even went past my old school, Ralph Allen.


The camera doesn’t catch with the eye sees, the views in spots were spectacular. 

 There’s wild garlic growing in profusion in the woods along the trail.

This is part of Prior Park - a school and a heritage site. 

The eponymous Smallcombe Farm. 

The final stretch into Bath. 

Along Bathwick Hill. 



No comments:

Post a Comment