Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sicily: Segesta & Erice

Its Saturday so it must be Segesta! Christopher has been kind enough to entertain me and go along on my crazy schemes, including my desire to see some of the amazing sights/sites of Sicily. We missed some of these in the past because transportation was challenging (read; I was too lazy to ride my bike up a mountain). Saturday we had a wonderful picnic under the shade of a century old olive tree. It being Italy, lunch included vino. Che Bella! The sun was a bit scortching - despite a shirt and sunscreen, seldom viewed parts got a bit scalded - I was wearing a strapless sundress... The best advice I ever got for travel in hot places was to bring an umbrella (thank-you Monica!).

Erice has been on my must see list because of the allegedly world famous sweets made there. Having now sampled them, their fame is well deserved; but they are not my taste. I believe they fall into the 'bella figura' of sweets - very lovely to look at and extremely sugary to eat. The world famous chocolate of Modica (also Sicilian) is, on the other hand, deserving of its fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment