Tuesday, July 21, 2015

France Travel: Toulouse!

Spending many days in the country is lovely, but it is nice to take a break and see the lights of the big city. We decided to spend a couple days in Toulouse. I found a really cute little flat right in the heart of Toulouse that is just perfect. It is also sale time in France - apparently the government mandates 2 weeks of sales in July and January. I've scored some lovely things including my long coveted leather purse. We also bought obscene amounts of French perfume from a beautiful atelier just a stone's throw from our flat.
 Deciding on a scent...
 Cooling off the labrador...
Our flat for the night... on Fourbastards Road by the way...

I've glossed over the stress of driving to the downtown carpark. EEKK! The centre of Toulouse is mostly pedestrianized, leaving hapless out of town drivers to their own devices, or the vagaries of their on board sat nav. Our navigator was sadly deficient, but the French road signs were surprisingly good and we did eventually find the underground parking. At which point, I promptly had a panic attack from my very mild clautrophobia because the levels of the car park were only 1.87  metres tall (our Renault Scenic just barely fit). That is so short that even I could far too easily touch the ceiling. Lets also add that in the car park it was also 32 degrees celcius.

No comments:

Post a Comment