Saturday, August 15, 2015

South London: Home of the Nail Palour

Our little neck of the woods has more nail parlours than I've ever seen in my life, let alone seen in a few city blocks. It seems as if every other door is a nail salon. Some offer multiple services, nails, pedicures, hair styling, money transfers, shipping and investment advice. Having just experienced the rates that British Post charges for international parcels I can understand why they have competition, if only they shipped to Canada!

I've never had my nails done in my life, but I was tempted. Fast and economical with any sort of design you could imagine done with no appointment and no waiting. Christopher and I had side by side pedicures in massaging chairs no less! And, this is the shocking thing - cheap! 2 pedicures? 38 pounds. Around 80 Canadian dollars. And we just walked in, at the end of the day, no appointment necessary. We've found the only deal that exists in London, and it is the pedicure, in South London on the Camberwell Road (actually, technically, it is the Camberwell New Road; take the #12 from Piccadilly Circus and just get off at the Cost Cutter, it's right there).



No comments:

Post a Comment