Saturday, August 15, 2015

England Travel: Bermondsey Antique Market

The Bermondsey Antique Market has been held weekly for hundreds of years in some form or another and was just perfect for us. It's on the south side of the river - same side as us, and so only a short bus ride away. And, since it's in South London, not only was our dog welcome, but they have their own resident wire hair terrier. When I saw that the hours were from 6am until 2pm, I figured that early time must be aspirational, not actual. We did get up early to try and get there before the crowds. We needn't have worried. The inclement weather kept many away, including sellers; there were quite a few empty stalls, and some sellers didn't arrive until after 10am.

 I won't say that there were any deals to be had, so nothing like as satisfying as the French vide grenier's we've been to, but it was still fun. AND I did finally get the double strand graduated pearl necklace I've been wanting for years. I also got a fake pearl 3 strand graduated necklace for fun. And I got Christopher a little Seiko watch that winds up when you shake it and glows in the dark.



Pearls and English  Ladies go together like scones and double thick Cream!



No comments:

Post a Comment