Monday, May 11, 2015

Sicily: Poste Italiane

I question my sanity each time I attempt to buy stamps. Looking back over this blog I can see how many times the purchase of stamps here in Italy has lead to drama. Again today. It was carefully explained to me that there is no stamp available for post to Canada, which costs approximately 2.30EU. I say approximately because the one post card I had ready to mail was weighed, stamped with some electronic gizmo and whisked away. After some stubborn insistence on my part, including the fact that the Balestrate post office had sold me stamps I could take away with me, the equally stubborn clerk agreed to sell me some stamps I could use later. Of course, she couldn't sell me one 2.30 EU stamp, nor would the prior solution of one 1.50EU and one .80EU stamp work. She insisted that the only solution was for me to apply 3 .80EU stamps on each post card. Sigh. Oh, and no credit cards, only cash for stamps thank-you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Go Auntie Sarah go! Murdoc and Syd say a huge thank you for their postcards! They so look forward to them as do I! :-)

    Wendy, Murdoc, Syd and Robyn

    ReplyDelete