Monday, March 30, 2015

Mixology Magic

Judging by my last post, you'd expect us to continue with the libations. Tonight's is an inspiration from the cupboard, which I can see the back of for the first time in 3 to 4 years. For those following along at home, you'll need;

  • cocktail shaker of your choice;
  • Ribena (3 tbsp);
  • black currant liquor (4tbsp);
  • Yukon Brewing Co.'s "Yukon Spirits" Yukon Berry Marc (or a French Marc of your choice) (5tbsp);
  • knob of fresh ginger - grated fine and pressed through a sieve to make juice (4 tbsp of juice);
  • ice;
  • soda;
  • 1 key lime in quarters;
  • nice glass. 
Use your intuition and mix it all together - I like sharp gingery zing. Divine! Keep in mind that my black currant liquor is home-made, so it has less sugar, so you may want to reduce the amount of Ribena (which is quite sweet). The soda gives the ginger extra zing in my view, so you could omit it. I added just a splash. The lime is for garnish - the contrast of the lime green and pink/red is very appetizing.
Serve Cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment