Sunday, March 8, 2015

Baggage, Luggage, Purses, Satchels and Sacks

I have an affinity for bags, the husband sometimes calls me a bag lady. I've even started to make my own purses after a noted success a few years ago with a red velveteen number and a woollen quilted item. Here's my latest design brief; bag/purse for carrying my new laptop, passport and clean undies on board our international flight to Frankfurt. Passport must be easily accessible, but not too easy; size proportionate to my frame and nice looking.

I think I succeeded, but only time will tell. I was able to use one of the vintage shell buttons my mom gave me years ago, some yard-sale wool fabric, and an old pair of leather pants I bought at the Sally Ann. Upcycling it's called now - I just like having something I made that is useful and pleases my eye. If I end up making a bunch I'm tempted to call it "The Salvation Line" because lots of the materials are sourced at the good old Salvation Army.




No comments:

Post a Comment