Sunday, March 29, 2015

Celebrate Spring! And Packing...

Time waits for no-one, and spring is really here; as is our imminent departure for Europe. In celebration of both, we are trying to consume existing stores of everything - soup stock to gin. Today I officially (according to the umpire) have used up the last of 4 things - the tonic (hence the gin reference), the filo pastry, the left over tourtiere filling, and the parchment paper. The day is yet young, so the Aperol may also be consumed if we have a second round of Spritz.

We are in the middle of deciding how small we can pack for a 7 month journey. What do you really need, vs. what is for comfort? I did consider packing a bag with only shoes and undies on the principle that everything else is available in Europe (yes, I know, you'd think I'd be able to buy shoes, but in my experience my feet are not happy in Italian shoes and I have no idea where Nona buys her bra, but I couldn't find it); but I think I will have a few outfits amongst the undies. Here's the bag I've committed myself to fitting it all in;

It alleges that it is 56 litres, not including the front pack which is detachable. It also comes with a 'no questions asked guarantee' which i hope means that nothing will go wrong.  Isla the dog doesn't know she gets to go, and she hurt her paw, so she is moping a little. Even with her Easter lamb...


No comments:

Post a Comment