Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Long Road Home

As you might expect, the actual travel portion of travel isn't always fun. The only truely frightening moment was when we were passing through Colombia migration, yes. that's right. Migration. They filter  you before you leave the country. We'd already gotten our tax exemption certificate and droped off our suitcases. For some reason my brand new Canadian passport with it's Colombia entry and tax exemption stamps wasn't good. After an extremely stressful 10 minutes during which I planned my life in Colombia and tried to remember where I'd put the Canadian embassy emergency contact numbers.... I got my third Colombia stamp in my passport with no questions and no discussion. The secondary screening was weird - just at the gate there was a scrum of passengers and uniformed officers. We had to undergo more security screening including an unexpected and sudden pat down by a female military officer. it was quite comforting to step onto the aircraft and were greeted and seated.

Our night flight was uneventful. Arriving in Toronto was a bit strained but smooth. Not even any questions about visitng farms, bringing back seeds or souvenirs. I'm very glad we broke our journey in Vancouver beacause we are both very jet lagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment