Saturday, January 14, 2012

Enroute to Colombia

After a few hiccups at home - caused by too much to do and not enough time - we're dong the hurry up and wait dance with our ever irritating partner - Air Canada. Sigh. Our routing is good, but the timing between flights not so much. So far, we've only done the flight from Whitehorse to Vancouver and they already managed to 'mis place' a piece of my luggage. Never fear faithful readers, it was recovered with only a modicum of fuss. The soothing effects of a stiff drink after such an experience aren't to be dismissed.
Chris was, I think, rather pleased to be seated across the isle from our relatively new territorial Premier. After some pleasantries Chris managed to foist a business card off on him. As for myself, I managed to sleep through most of it. I've been thinking about the distinction that some make between a traveller and a tourist. Rather like the distinction between art and craft - many care deeply, others see it as semantics. I think that I am a bit of both. I like a modicum of tourist infrastructure but not too many fellow travellers. I hope that Colombia is our kind of perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment