Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Day in Florence - The Train, The David, The Uffizi, Etc.

As my sabbatical comes to an end I find myself trying to stuff in more experiences. When our friends Monica and Rod visited us here in Rome they'd just come from Florence in an hour and a half on the high speed train. I do like train travel and Christopher wanted time to catch up with some work, so I decided to grab a day and go. Here is my executive class seat on the Frecciarossa;

The train was plastered with adds for the Milan Expo, so the views from inside weren't great. The trains are super fast, with a little speedometer for passengers to see just how fast, I looked up once when we were travelling at 243km/hr.

There are lots of photos, all a bit random, due to blogger I'm afraid.
In Venice... all roads lead to St Mark's Square.  In Firenze... all roads lead to the Duomo!

















Nope... not a bridal show!  A black and white wedding of english speakers!  I checked!


























Yes... Irish pubs are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment