Sunday, January 2, 2022

Even Higher Tide

This mornings high tide actually breached the dike around the lower portions of the historic gardens that are used to re-create some of the Acadian farm ways of life. From what I understand they’re mostly used for hay. I hope it’s a salt water type of hay grass. The water in Alains Creek is brackish so not salty as is the sea, but definitely saltier than freshwater as the dog discovered when she tried to drink it. 


When we bought our house, I honestly thought it was higher than it is. Perhaps in 50 years we will have a water front property. In the left of the photo you can see water where there shouldn’t be any. When I walked the dike yesterday I saw a spot that seems to be a bit lower than the rest where the water almost made it over yesterday. With today’s hire tide water succeeded.

I should also mention at this juncture that there’s a sign right beside the dyke that extols the $42 million the Canadian federal government has spent on dyke rehabilitation. I don’t think it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment