Thursday, June 4, 2020

Kombucha Explosion

I feel like I dogged a bullet tonight. One of our brewing kombucha developed so much pressure that the beer bottle it was in exploded. Exploded with such violence that pieces of glass embedded in the tea towel on our stove and scarred the tile back splash. I was sitting with my back to it and miraculously suffered no damage at all - except to my psyche. Chris thought I was messing around with one of his guns and it had accidentally discharged, so he too is feeling a little delicate. It took us almost two hours to clean up enough to feel like we got the worst of it. The explosion also shattered the two brewing kombucha bottles beside the bomb. You can imagine the mess. 


A small part of the mess. Chris is adamant that there shall be no more kombucha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment