Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Look What I Made!

I got the idea and parts of the pattern from Stitch Winter 2012. Their version was larger and squatter. Thank-god for Google which helped me with the calculations to shrink the circle down to the size that would work with the width of the fabric. Remember grade 5 diameter, circumference and radius? Yeah, me neither. Google is your friend. The funny part was trying to stuff it. I bought recycled foam chips at Walmart because they were Canadian and seemed like a 'green' option. Holy Hell! We live in a very dry climate and those little bits of puffed up petroleum just stuck to everything and spread every where. I gave up after attempting a small amount and reverted to using some uncarded wool fleece I had on hand. The upside is that the poof is super warm. The downside is that the cat thinks this is the best thing next to catnip...

No comments:

Post a Comment