Monday, March 25, 2013

Buckwheat Ski Race

We love the Buckwheat Ski race. We've gone every year for the last four years now and just keep having fun. Happily we are not 'racers' so we are content to start late and spend extra time enjoying hanging out at the snow fort. This year's fort was a pirate boat - as long time readers will know, I've always had a hankering to be a pirate Queen...



The event gathers its own cadre of costumes, as always there are the 'cougars' or 'pussys', the hippies, vintage equipment and sundry freaks. I'm a firm believer in the fun part of the event, but this year didn't get myself organized enough to come up with a costume. The best I could do was my fabulous lynx hat.

We were so behind this year that our friend Lenore who started on time skied back to the snow fort to find us; and we are happy she did.
At the finish Christopher came through with flying colours, but no bib visible...
Next year, I think I'll go for the "Norwegian sweater team", look. Practical, breathable and fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment