Saturday, April 14, 2012

On the Boat in Mantova

Our access to the internet will be sporadic over the next week. We'll post when we can.  I also had the most hilarous autoflushing incident ever. I really had to pee. For 20 cents I was granted entry into this Tardis like public wash room. Remember i really had to pee. The door wasn't closing, and the entire parking lot would have been watching me use the potty wihtout the door closed. So, in some extremis, I hit what appeared to be the door closing mechanism, dropped my drawers and assumed the position. Mere moments later Christopher reported he heard a squee! That was when the autoflush began. It began at the sink... then the toilet, where I was still perched emptying my bladder. I hope you can imagine the surprise I experienced to have my ass washed. To be clear, this is an entirely self cleaning unit, the whole thing gets a rinse, top to bottom. When the door opened - without any intervention from me or Chris - I was cowering in the corner holding my undies screaming and laughing. Chris wished he had video of this event. To give him credit he was very nice about it and helped me quickly exit while covering me from the eyes in the parking lot (and near by buildings). Fair warning - avoid the Tardis Toilet! Unless you want autoflushing operations done to your nether regions.






Mantova is a surprisingly lovely little city. We enjoyed a wonderful bike ride today.

1 comment:

  1. Way too funny! Yes, Chris, I too, think that this would have been worth capturing on video. Thanks for filling my day with laughter. Sarah, you’re the best! Hollie

    ReplyDelete