Thursday, April 19, 2012

Going Postal

While we were in Chioggia, we stumbled upon the post office. We entered through a high security gate, which was our first problem. Two persons at a time, no more. A random Italian gal manged to get in with us before the door closed and we got the stink eye from the post mistress. After we had that sorted, there were five lines to choose from. I chose the correct line, or they just took pity on the obvious tourist and asked me what I needed. By this time I'd decided I'd buy 20 stamps so that I'd have enough to send a few post cards. Not possible. 'no stamps for Canada today', 'come back tomorrow'. We returned at 8:45, gained entry and again asked for international stamps for Canada. Again, none. BUT this time the suggestion was made that I could put two stamps on each post card to make up the amount. I left the post office with enough stamps for 20 post cards and did the fist pump happy dance. I even made up a little song about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment