Thursday, June 16, 2011

Star Lights and more tiling




In January Chris and I were in San Jose del Cabo. We ate out at a fantastic restaurant that had a chandelier made up of bent iron and marbles. The iron was bent to form a multi-armed star. I could count the points and tell you what kind of star, but the point is (pun intended) they are very cool. We had been in Cabo for a while and hadn't really bought anything other than food. We decided it would be worth trying to find these stars and try and get them back to our place in Whitehorse. We were flying West Jet and those folks really are nice. They helped me find a place to put the large star that I took as a carry on. It got to our place unharmed. It also created a great deal of curiosity among our fellow passengers.

I did think I'd wire them up, but I didn't. Our electrician did, and I'm really happy with Shannon Moffatt's work. Bruce did the design work - deciding to put the stars with their centres at the same level. An excellent decision don't you think?

Our bathroom continues to get better and better. Here's Fredric Robert of Beauvais Flooring at work buttering the limestone for the floor. There's already a thingame to heat the stone installed.

In other news air tight solutions(Ryan Osborne and his boys) finished their work today in the attic with some 2lb foam insulation to create a vapour barrier. The rest of the area they used 1/2 pound foam equallying R50 in our attic. Already the house feels warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment