Monday, December 5, 2022

Spinning an Advent Calendar

My amazingly thoughtful sister-in-law found and gifted me a fibre advent calendar from Etsy. I’m using it as an excuse to carve out some creative time during the chaos of our move. I laid in bed one morning and thought about how I wanted to spin it.  Did I want to wait until after Christmas when all of the days were open? Did I want to try and blend them?. In the end I decided that I wanted the little joy of opening each days package. And then, as time allows spin it. Hopefully that day or soon after. And what kind of yarn did I want?. In the end I decided to spin it sort of medium so that I could ply it either against itself, chain ply it or possibly ply it with another handspun. Here’s the first four days on the bobbin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment