Monday, September 6, 2021

Mushroom Hunt!

My dear friend and saw a Facebook posting for an evening of mushroom hunting with an instructor. We signed up and learned an amazing amount. I. Think. We are reasonably confident that we can find edible mushrooms and in fact delicious ones right around our homes.
First a lot of inedible or poisonous ones…



The mushroom hunters dog was sweet and not a mushroom hunter itself. But good company! 

An old medicinal mushroom called a turkey tail. 

This is a false turkey tail. Amazing purple! I wonder if I could dye wool with it?

This tiny one is a 10 on the photogenic scale. But poisonous. 


After a series of poisonous specimens my friend was very sceptical. As you can see. 


But then…


TaDa!

And the. Some more edibles…

Some triple barrelled name including gompibious?

And this is an Agricarious? Edible and tasty with a very distinct almond scent at the base. 



No comments:

Post a Comment