Monday, May 4, 2020

Weaving - Finally

Over the years I have tried a number of times to become a weaver. Each time I’ve been defeated by the process of warping the loom. In the last decade a number of companies have invented ‘knitters looms’ that help solve that problem. I’ve tried before but stalled at the math for calculating the ends per inch and the amount of yarn. This time I had an epiphany- half the calculation is about determining how much yarn you need. Well, that is not a problem for me, there is no way I will run out of yarn! That revelation was all I needed to free me from decision paralysis. 

There is a method to wind your warp and put it on the loom at the same time called direct warping. That’s the method I chose. 

The loom has to be the distance from the warping peg that equals the length you have calculated for your warp. 

That’s my whole warp. 

Then you need to cut it. 

Then do more threading. 

Then tie it on. 

Then weave a header. 

And then weave! 





No comments:

Post a Comment