Friday, January 29, 2016

Downtown Eastside Photo Essay

We're staying in a lovely apartment in Chinatown, with a few of the science museum's golf ball (formerly part of the Expo '86 site). Before lunch I headed out to get some shopping done. There's this chocolate place that I just love, which is right next door to a vintage clothing shop. Then I also stumbled on an urban garden.

 I'm a big fan of urban gardens and honey bees. As soon as i figured out that honey bees = food I became a HUGE supporter. Hives for Humanity is such a heartwarming enterprise. There was a great little audio article on the CBC about it.
 Thunderboxes - relief to the people?! Totally cool branding.
My favourite Vancouver building through the fence of the garden. 

Just at the edge of Pigeon park is the Ranier Hotel....

 Coffee and chocolate, a match made in heaven at East Van Roasters.






No comments:

Post a Comment