Friday, June 19, 2015

Sicily Food: Don't look a gift fig in the...

I do like the fresh figs I've had in the past. Yesterday I picked up a couple of the local farmer's figs to have as a treat. Well, they were unexpected. As Christopher put it, they taste like zucchini. It's true, they are fleshy with little crunchy seeds, and not sweet. The dog ended up with the remainders. Today our generous neighbours next door called me over to give me as many figs as I could carry. I managed to get away with only 6. Even that was a rather large number I thought. So, i consulted Google. I had already started the BBQ for our oysters (a separate post) so the recipie for grilled figs with honey and rosemary seemed like a good option. I have struggled with our charcoal bbq, so the whole fig grilling process took about an hour. In the end the result was edible, but not delicious. Christopher thinks they are rather like sweet zucchini...

No comments:

Post a Comment