Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Got to Get Me Moose Boy

The boys are off in the Yukon wilderness getting this year's moose. I hope. It was all a little dubious when I saw the amount of food and booze. I think they are going to hole up in the cabin eating and drinking. We did manage to eat almost all of our third of last year's moose. We also gave some to friends so I wasn't just us being extreme carnivores.

In other news the old, deaf dog has turned into a bit of a Houdini. I'm not sure how he did it but yesterday he got out of the yard - he was wating for me when I got back and I'd never have known but for the telephone call asking me to come and get the nice black lab that was on a neigbour's deck looking for food. Today my neighbours saw me cycling on 2nd ave and waved me down to say Walker (the old deaf dog) was out and about in the 'hood again. I'd swear that he opened the gate himself, or had someone help him... I've rolled a bolder in front of one gate and the other gate has a huge plank in front of it now. He was still in the yard when I got back from work. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment