Friday, June 5, 2009

June buggin

The garden is amazing! I was rather upset to discover that around 7 of my 12 asiatic lily bulbs were eaten by rodents over the winter. The past winter was so cold that the cats hardly went outside at all. Hence, rodentia ate my plants!

On a positive note I fashioned a 'water feature' out of an old garbage can, a piece of galvenized chain and a length of copper pipe. All left overs from our lives here in Whitehorse. the garbage can was made redundant by the city's institution of a new curbside program that includes municpal compost bins and garbage bins that can only be picked up by a special lift on the garbage truck. The galvanized chain was one of Chris' aquisitions, which he asserts had a use at the time. The copper pipe was left over from the plumbing of our bathroom 5 years ago. I nabbed a piece of papyrus from the pond at work, which if the cats stop eating might reach a decent size. We did have to buy a pump.

Photos, as always, when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment