Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Canadian Production Wheel

My relatively new to me Canadian Production Wheel was out of commission for a while due to construction. When I hosted the fibre frolic over in Granville Ferry, I dug her out and brought her to that, and the wonderful woman who sold her to me, helped me get her back into alignment. Since we came back, she’s had pride of place in the dining room. 


Unfortunately, the cat has a slight obsession with string and ate the drive band off it merry days after it returned to the house. I was able to source more string for the drive band from a local cheesemonger. It’s absolutely perfect and she’s spinning really nicely.


I should add here  that these wheels, all being made in Quebec, are also referred to as Quebec production wheels. Apparently it’s Americans who called them Canadian Production wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment