Wednesday, August 31, 2022

DARRELL IS BACK! WOOHOO!

Yes... this is what I'm reduced to with this humbling restoration project. I feel the need to celebrate just a little when our finish carpenter (everything) guy is able to come by and do some work for us. Though no rain happened, it was apparently threatening all day according to the forecast... so Darrell came by and did some old floor patching. It will take at least another day or more to complete the patches downstairs... but some progress was made and Darrell is definitely the best man for this finicky finishing work. The worn and patched in boards from the kitchen to the dining room have now been replaced with boards that run the full length. The rotten board uncovered in the parlour has also been replaced... and some smaller patches in the parlour and the apartment upstairs are in process.
🤞 Darrell has even indicated an interest to get the skylights in the granny suite installed this week if the weather holds true with the current forecast. I'm trying not to get my hopes up... but I cannot help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment