Thursday, April 28, 2022

Re-Wired

We got this stand lamp on one of our trips. It was an extra we hand t intended to buy. When we got home and plugged it in, it was a dud. Sigh. So, when I saw a lamp on the side of the road last week, put out for the once a year special trash, I grabbed it! The fact is, spare parts for electrical appliances and lights are just not available anymore. Your only option is to cannibalise another for parts. Rather like having a parts car. 

We had a project morning at the dining room table. My first test was to see if the wiring was the problem or if it was the switch. 

Switch!


The next step was trying to sort out how to get all the parts back together in a way that the lamp would be safe. That took quite a few tries. 

It just didn’t work with the glass shade we had hanging around. As you can see. The switch was inside the shade and the shade tested on the switch. Sigh. Back to the drawing board. 

A snazzy light bulb and no shade. For now. I still have some spare parts, so I could go back at it. But I’m happy for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment