Friday, May 28, 2021

Serious Gardening

I got some serious gardening done! It’s part of a progression from winter hibernation to summer production. My herb garden:

I dug out the whole end of this garden as part of the renovation to deal with encroaching grass. Then Chris and I transplanted some plants from other gardens including two hascaps, a black currant and some pink yarrow. Then I popped in some annuals that I started or bought. 


The puppy loves it too much so we will be making a temporary willow fence to keep her out. This haskap is doing well and blooming already. 


The blooms are the same colour as the leaves. 


And here’s what’s left to plant some pansies and some alyssum. It was a very tiring day. That is the dog sleeping on my gardeners journal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment