Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Lars Trail Whoops

I Was out for a cross country ski on my lunch hour yesterday. It was beautiful, sunny, not too cold, fresh snow. I joined biathlon so I could use their beautiful trails on grey mountain.
That’s the range behind me. One of the trails I particularly enjoy is called Megadeth.

 I had so much fun doing that, and with some time left before My lunch hour was over, I decided to do Lats trail.




You know how they say pride comes before the fall…


Quite literally in this case. I crashed quite spectacularly and dislocated my shoulder. 


I’ll survive, but probably won’t ski again this season.  I’m particularly proud of the fact that I self evacuated. In other words I skied the 5 km back to the parking lot where happily Christopher was picking me up. This is in contrast to the number of folks who got brought in by ambulance on stretchers from the downhill ski hill While I was waiting an emergency to be seen. If you’re going to cross country ski you got to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment