Saturday, November 17, 2018

Up-cycled Office Supplies

Or, what to do with old typewriter parts. We have a day at the office I was digging deep in the back of the miscellaneous cover looking for an extension cord, when I found a whole pile of old typewriter roller balls. Some of you are likely to know better than I but after the letters on sticks stage of typewriter, IBM came up with this radical concept of a ball that would rotate in the middle striking against the tape, marking the letter on the page. Apparently these were extremely popular in my office, as were all the various fonts. They were 16 of these roller balls in an old Bay bag. Initially I was just gonna chuck them in the garbage but then I looked at them again and I thought they looked rather like Christmas ornaments. Then I had the ferry light Apiphany. The hot glue gun I made a string of lights with typewriter balls!











No comments:

Post a Comment