Friday, November 20, 2015

Thank-you Fellow Canadians

We are so pleased that our new government is taking action to bring Syrian refugees to Canada. Overseas voting was impossible in the federal election, so I have my fellow Canadians to thank for choosing a government that is doing something that I had hoped for. I remember when I was a child the work that our tiny local town of Musquodoboit Harbour did to prepare a home for a family of Vietnamese 'boat people'. Our little town of Whitehorse has a similarly wonderful community of people who are pulling together to bring a Syrian family here.

Living in Italy for 5 months was a real eye opener to how valuable our multi-cultural Canada is - we can get so many kinds cuisine! Even in Whitehorse. In Italy, all  you can get is Italian food. So, I for one say; "yay for Syrian refugees!" I can't wait to try some Syrian food....

No comments:

Post a Comment