Sunday, November 17, 2013

Free Store Score!

I just about had kittens when I saw this on the shelf at the freestore:
I emitted a 'squee' as I ran towards it, almost shoving a tall slender elder out of my way. He was no match for my swift snatch from the shelf. A brief wash and dry and my mouflon rests in happy spendor in my craft room.

some of you will be asking, 'what is the free store, and where do I find it?' There's a few of them around the Yukon, associated with recycling and garbage dumps. Rather than putting used items into the dump directly, freestore gives these things the opportunity for a new life. This freestore score came from the Raven Recycling collection. there's also the Whitehorse Dump freestore - good for larger items; the Marsh Lake freestore - no know associations and the Tagish freestore - good for clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment