Friday, January 18, 2013

London Snow

You would think as a card carrying Canadian that I would welcome a bit of the unusual cold we've encountered here in London. Well, if I've learned anything, is that material goods prepare you for the world. We tool and cloth makers alter ourselves to deal with the unnatural weather conditions we force ourselves into. I did not bring clothes for snow. I brought clothes for rain, although arguably, improper footwear as I wished to look stylish rather than practical. Anyhow, I am completely  unprepared to deal with snow, except mentally. Mentally, I'm very prepared. And so, I will bravely go where trains and tubes fear to run!

The government (Ministry of Weather?) has actually issued a red alert and put the national guard on warning to deal with the snow. We had to cancel a planned journey to Bath to visit with friends for fear that we'd not get back; and also for fear that we'd tempt them to risk their lives coming to see us.

I'm looking on the bright side - maybe I'll have to stay in London another couple of days if the flights are cancelled....

No comments:

Post a Comment