Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Measles, Mumps & Rubella

So, almost two weeks ago I had a booster for measles, mumps and rubella. Short version of the story is that I had a bad reaction. I ended up in the emergency room where I was given a shot of 'epi' along with a nice walloping dose of benedryl. I'm pissed that the public health nurses didn't mention that 1 in 4 women get stiff swollen joints and that 1 in 20 people get a rash. I got a lovely all over itchy rash and my knees swelled up so much I couldn't bend them. i try and console myself with the fact that I am now completely immune to measles, mumps and rubella. The rash has been tamed by large doses of benedryl, the swollen knees are starting to reduce, either due to the well known healing effects of time and rest or the walloping dosss of ibuprofen and acetaminophen. All the bed rest has been very good for my sore back. Now I just need to get back to work and my exercise regime ...

No comments:

Post a Comment