Saturday, May 14, 2011

Of Plumbing, Fixtures and Plumbers





Happily we've been courting our plumber for a few years now. Little did we realize when he adopted a dog that we fostered how important this relationship would become. Don has been great. He's come by the house numerous times to discuss our eccentric plumbing needs. Without him we'd have had to go with a boring normal conventional approach. Instead we are able to innovate and get exactly what we want. There was an unfortuanate hiccup with Fred's Plumbing and Heating - they didn't order what we asked them to order. Don is fixing it - he'll go to his supplier so we can keep the project going. His business is called Tak Tar by the way - call him if you need plumbing work, he's great.

You may not notice from the photos, but the tub is extra deep. Frankly I am more than 11 inches deep and I like to be covered by the water when I am bathing. Otherwise I'd take a shower. Anyway, the first tub we almost bought was only 12 inches accross the bottom. Who do you know who has an 11 inch ass? Our tub is 17 inches to the bottom of the drain and at least 20 inches accross the bottom. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. It really sounds like there was a lot of great experiences that were had having this tub put into place. There was a time where I helped my grandfather with his bathtub. It really was difficult, but I loved the opportunity to be able to learn pluming. Thank you for sharing. http://gopherplumbing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to you for sharing this plethora of useful information. I found this resource utmost beneficial for me. Thanks a lot for hard work. plombier urgence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What an Outstanding post. I found this too much informatics. It is what I was seeking for. I would like to recommend you that please keep sharing such type of info.If possible, Thanks. plumbing companies frisco

    ReplyDelete