Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Proposition Parka

For some reason the new to me parka I picked up at a yard sale this spring is a bit of a magnet for the gentlemen of Whitehorse. Last weekend I was at a quilting retreat with my dear husband. We were late leaving and he was bringing out some of the last boxes. I saw a pair of legs and called out; "honey did you bring all the boxes?" When the person attached to the legs came into view I realized at once my error; "You're not my husband". His reply? "You wanna give it a whirl?"

Then on Thursday I was walking along Main Street and stopped to wait for the light to change. The fellow waiting for the light beside me glanced over and asked; "can I buy to a beer" while nodding at the Town and Mountain lounge. I laughed and politely refused.

There is something about that parka I tell you...

No comments:

Post a Comment