Sunday, August 30, 2009

7th Anniversary Traditional Gift? Wool!

So, the 7th year of our marriage is around the corner and I discovered only a few weeks ago that the traditional gift is WOOL!!! I'm just a bit of a fibre freak, wool being a particular faviourite of mine. Dear Husband has been asking for a hand spun, hand knit sweater for a number of years now. Galvanized by the knowledge of our upcoming anniversary and the traditional gifting I searched through my stash and came up with some lovely dark blue yarn that has some depth due to other colour highlights. but there wasn't enough. I still had the information from the vendor and emailed her. She found more of the lovely wool in her stash/store and sold it to me. Thanks to Paypal and Canada Post the stuff was in my hands less than five days later. It is almost all yarn now and I should have enough to make the sweater planned ("Cobblestone" designed by JAred Flood).

I've got the sleeves knit and a chunk of the body... deadline looms...

No comments:

Post a Comment