Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ustica Hotel Clelia

I am very happy that we opted for the half board option. That means breakfast and super are included with the room. The cook is not skinny and her cooking is just fabulous. I have never trusted skinny cooks, only the plump ones are any good at what they do! The cook is the same woman who helped arrange our fishing excursion for this morning and she helped us order last eve. she put together a special plate of mixed starters. Then I opted for the fish egg pasta (fabulous), Chris had the shrimp pasta (also fabulous) and we shared a second of jumbo shrimp grilled to perfection. They were so good I got goose bumps.

this little town on Ustica is just our speed = slow. Thank God there are less of those slow food snails here though, as they were really starting to freak me out. they are on EVERYTHING!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah and Chris;
    Have been enjoying ALL your descriptions and feel ready to take on my next bicycle trip! As long as it includes "slow food." Regards to Bikes Friday (or is that Bikes Fridays!).

    Donna Raxlen (parenthetical comment - Himself)

    ReplyDelete