Sunday, September 27, 2026

Iceland!

​I arrived yesterday, and was so pleased to be able to be reunited with my woolly girlfriends. My flight was somewhat delayed as was the lineup that I chose for customs and immigration. And my first interactions with the Icelandic culture have certainly been very interesting.

 I absolutely loved the blue Lagoon. It was the perfect way to deal with jet lag and delayed flights. The meal at the lava restaurant was superb - as was the service. It is so rare to have impeccable service.

All of us left our phones in the lockers rather than wander through the delightful pools with the distraction of a phone. The downside to that is we have no photos of our amazing experience. When you look at the photos of Iceland, you think that they’ve done something to saturate the colours and alter the light. The quality of the light here is remarkable. There’s something so crystalline and hard about it that makes colours more distinctly themselves and shapes very certain and clear. I am just sitting in bed and enjoying a cup of tea and watching the sun begin to light the sky over the low mountain behind our hotel. 


The low wisps of grey that you see are not cloud, they are steam from active geothermal vents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment